Sunday, October 2, 2011

Day Two: Sell Your Soul Pumpkin Cookies


So, I don't know what happened. I made the Sell Your Soul Pumpkin Cookies from Vegan Cookies Invade Your Cookie Jar, and... I messed up. I would not sell my soul for these cookies. They were not good. Everything else that I've made from VCIYCJ has been fantastic, though, so I think that maybe 1) I didn't reduce the pumpkin down enough (though it did go from 1 cup to 1/2 cup, the cookies were still pretty cakey instead of crunchy) and also 2) I think I overmixed the dough, because I could taste the flour. Bleh. I'll make these again someday, though, because I've read a lot of really good reviews about them. Also I'll put some pumpkin seeds on these bad boys in the future, too, because I think they look prettier that way.

So Day Two was kind of a miss... even though Chiv's bachelor party was last night, and when the guys came back home they ate a shit ton of these and liked them. But I still have five more pumpkin-flavored things to whip up this week, so I'm not too bummed out.

Happy MoFoing!

xoxo Jenni

No comments: