Thursday, September 22, 2011

Vegan MoFo 2011!

Hi! It's been almost a whole year since I've posted last. I've decided to use this blog strictly for MoFo-ing. I've spent a little time going back and reading my posts from 2010 and 2009, and I am so pumped about writing again this year.

I have exciting news! (There are so many exclamation points in this post!) News that might make me sound crazy for wanting to do VeganMoFo this year: Chiv and I are getting married next month! On October 29th! He proposed last year on Thanksgiving when we went to the coast with his family. We're both really excited, and really ready for wedding planning to be over. And we're really excited about our honeymoon. We're going to San Francisco! I've never been to California. Also, we usually travel quite a bit, and we haven't really gone anywhere this year since we've been saving up for the wedding. So it will be so nice to get to go out and explore a new place.

So, yeah. I feel crazy for wanting to MoFo this year, but. You guys. It's VeganMoFo. I know I won't be as hard on myself for missing days this year ('Cause, you know. Weddings are kind of time consuming.), but I'm going to try to write as much as I possibly can, and I'm going to write up a bunch of posts out in advance so I have "fillers" on days that I can't try out a new recipe and write about it like I'd like to.

I am making my own cupcakes for the wedding, and my friend Stephanie is coming down from Chicago for the wedding and is helping me make our wedding cake. My dad is catering, and so a huge portion of the wedding food is going to be secretly vegan (including his amazing lasagna). We're also having tiny brownies and cookies made by Wendi at Organic Bakies. We met with her back in January for a tasting, and were completely blown away. Her vegan brownies are the best brownies I have ever had in my entire life. I will try to make a post specifically about Organic Bakies during MoFo, though. Just know that they are delicious, and if you live in North Carolina, you should totally order cookies and brownies and cakes from her.

I'm so excited. About everything. I'm excited about getting married. I'm excited about autumn. And pumpkin lattes. And VeganMoFo. I don't have many vegan friends, and the feeling of community with VeganMoFo is just really amazing.

Also, September 2011 marks 3 years of veganism for me. Confetti and party hats!

I think that is it. See you kids in October. :]

No comments: